Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 16, 2016 - Lesson 4 - Learning More on Family Search

Thanks to Maynard Hammond for teaching the class while I was out of town.  I think this was my last time to miss until Thanksgiving!

Here is what was covered in the lesson:

1 - Discussion based on a question that was asked:  Keep those born in the last 110 years alive unless you know they are deceased.  
 
2 - How to add a spouse and child.  Can be added from the tree view or from the person's record.  Discussed importance of using sources.
 
3 - Updated a record, adding wife and children.  Used John Beeston MVCX-5PD as the example. 
 
4 - Talked briefly about searching and multiple supporting sources.  Went over some documents.
 
5 - Handout about a short video: "How to find your Ancestors in Your Family Tree."  Here is the link to the video:  https://familysearch.org/learningcenter/lesson/how-to-find-your-ancestors-in-your-family-tree/1188

 
I hope this covers what was discussed.  Let me know if I need to edit anything.  See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment